: Privacy notice for recruitment
- Spartanium Inc (“we”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy will act as the basis for our processing of personal data we collect from job applicants, or data provided to us by individuals or third parties for recruitment purposes.
- Once you apply for a job offer that we have published, the provisions of this Privacy Notice will apply to our handling of your personal data. This is in addition to our other Privacy Notice which has been provided to you separately or which is available on our website.
- Personal Data means any information relating to an identified individual or an identifiable individual.
- For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is Spartanium Inc.
- We use Zoho Recruit, a cloud-based application that helps us with our recruiting process. Thus, Zoho Recruit acts on the data processing on our behalf and is only authorized to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
- This policy that we have incorporated does not apply to Zoho Recruit.
- This policy also gives you certain information that is required to be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ( (EU) 2016/679 ) (GDPR) and local data protection law.
- This policy is not part of a contractual agreement and may be changed at any time.
How are your personal data collected?
- You, the candidate, through an online job board, career site, email, in-person video interviews, and/or any other method.
- Those who referred you, from whom we collected your personal data.
- Trusted third-party vendors who recommend you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for our business more generally.
- From publicly accessible sources, like LinkedIn or source boosters (Indeed, Monster, Career Builder, Dice, etc.) where we collect your full name, email address, work history, and other data included in your profile. Please find detailed information on this in our section below.
The personal information we collect from you
- More specifically, we collect the following personal information:
- Last name
- Contact details
- Professional experience
- Resume or transcripts, and any supporting documentation attached to your resume, such as copies of certificates, passport, application letters, etc.
- Details of your visits to our career site, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, the site from which you were referred to our website, and the resources you have access to.
Legal basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the legal basis for collecting and using your personal data.
When you apply for a job through our job board integration and quick apply providers, we rely on consent during the application process to disclose your personal data to the service provider based on described below.
Purposes of processing
We process your personal data relating to your person for the purpose of enabling us to determine whether you are a suitable match for the job. Without this processing, it would not be possible for us to consider your application. We use information about you for one or more of the following purposes:
- Identify and assess candidates for potential employment, as well as future roles that may become available
- Maintain records related to recruitment
- Communicate with you and respond to your requests or applications
Disclosure of your information
For instance :
- Zoho Recruit may engage a contractor to help us analyze your CV and obtain the information required for the application/interview process.
- We may disclose your personal information to third-party integrations provided by Zoho Recruit for the purposes of background checks, assessments, etc.
- When you apply for a job posting through our Smart Apply feature, and where you have consented to such disclosure, we will disclose to the service provider certain personal data we hold, which includes but is not limited to a unique identifier used by the service provider to identify you, and information about your progress through our recruitment process for the applicable vacancy; as well as any tangible, intangible, visual, electronic, present or future information we hold about you, such as your name, contact information and other details involved in the data analysis process relating to you as job applicant (collectively, “Disposition Data”). The service provider’s Privacy Notice regarding its use of such shared data will be available on its website. For more details, learn more about Smart Apply.
In the event of a security breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator when it is legally necessary for us to do so.
Where we store and who has access to your personal data
The data we collect from you and in the process may be transferred to a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It is also accessible may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
How long we store your personal data
We determine appropriate retention periods taking into consideration the purposes set out in this policy and relevant legal requirements. Your personal information will be deleted if any of the following occur:
- We receive your party’s written request.
- Deletion of your personal data according to criteria defined by us.
- For example, if we have failed to receive your consent within the defined period, your data will be automatically deleted.
- The right to know and access
- The right to rectification
- The right to request erasure
- The right to receive a copy of your data
- The right to object to processing and direct marketing
- The right to object to automated decision-making
- Right to restriction of processing
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Contact us using our contact details below
- Give us enough information to verify your identity
- Let us know the information related to your request
how to protest
All comments, questions and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be directed to [email protected]